With COVID-19 impacting in-person programming of OC Human Relations’ youth programs, The Human Relations Ambassadors Program (HRAP) and The Walk In My Shoes Conference (WIMS), our Youth and Education Team has pivoted our work to a monthly workshop series that will engage a larger Orange County youth audience on a virtual platform.
As our nation continues to grapple with a quadruple pandemic of racial injustice, public health crisis, economic crisis, and education crisis, we believe it is more important than ever, to engage young people in the socio-political climate we are living in. From October to May, our staff will provide introductory to advanced level workshops on various issues impacting us today, such as racism, immigration, climate change, gender inequality, LGBTQIA+ issues, etc.
Workshops will occur the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 5:00-7:00pm and are open to any Orange County high school student.
REGISTER FOR UPCOMING SESSIONS (Click on Title)
- October 21: Pre-Election Discussion
- November 5: Special Post-Election Debrief (3pm – 4:30pm)
- November 18: Circle on Joy
- December – No session
- January 20: Cash Rules Everything Around Me (Economic Justice and Financial Literacy)
- February 17: Practicing Self Care
- March 17: Juvenile Justice System/Mass Incarceration
- April 21: Gender Justice
- May 19: Immigration Issues
A recording of the May 19, 2021 session on Humanizing Immigration in America