OC Together: Going Beyond the Statements
Building more inclusive communities
In moments of national tragedy and collective outrage, organizations sometimes struggle with the question of what to do beyond issuing position statements. At the same time, there is often pressure to quickly “take action” regardless of whether an organization has the knowledge or preparation to wade into what may be complex, contentious, sensitive social issues. Where do we go from here? OC Together’s mission is to answer this question, mobilizing and empowering local organizations to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the county.
OC Together is a project of Orange County Human Relations Council (OC Human Relations), which has been bringing diverse people together to solve the county’s critical human relations issues for almost 30 years. In keeping with this mission, we have brought back OC Together to mobilize and empower organizations to promote DEI, making our County better for all.
Why join OC Together?
- Belong to a respected Community of Practice
- Demonstrate commitment through a Pledge and culture of accountability
- Help create a multi-year effort rather than a one-off
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training for your organization by OC Human Relations
- Enhance OC’s attractiveness to diverse job candidates
- Cost-Effective Investment
- Promote healthy workplace culture and effective risk management
- Enhance innovation and bottom line
- Opportunities to Enhance Your Organization’s Visibility
- Be viewed by employees and community as “taking concrete action”
- OC Together “Badge,” identifying Members as advocates for diversity, inclusion and equity
- Multiple opportunities for recognition including on websites and at events
What is OC Together?
Mobilizing organizations to enhance Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through:
- A Pledge
- A “Community of Practice” aka OC Together: reStructure Initiative
- A 12 session online educational training cohort to enable organizations to build a racial equity structure
- Additional optional / a-la cart Training beyond 12 sessions
- OC Together Summit (details to be announced)
- Financial Investment
- Member of the OC Together Initiative
Additional details on OC Together available in our brochure.
What are you going to do to ensure your County is safe and inclusive?
Build an organizational structure to be more diverse, equitable and inclusive. Join the community of practice and sign up for the reStructure cohort. Join now or contact us for details.