APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 14, 2017
This is the chief development officer of a non-profit organization with an annual budget of $2 million and a dedicated professional staff of 24. The Development Director is a member of the Executive Team, reports to the CEO and is responsible for fund development and communications.
Primary areas of responsibility include: working with the Board of Directors, CEO and Community Partners to develop and implement a comprehensive, multi-year fund development plan for sustained income; coordinating and leading an annual campaign; identifying, cultivating, soliciting and recognizing donors; overseeing the grant writer in the development of corporate and foundation grant proposals; and special development events.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and experienced professional who can lead our development efforts to the next level of success. He or she must have a proven history of goal setting and attainment and an appreciation and personal commitment to OC Human Relations’ mission.
Qualifications and Traits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organized leader able to coordinate the activities of a team.
- At least five years of documented, successful experience in fundraising and “friendraising” including familiarity with sources, grant/proposal writing, cultivation, solicitation and recognition of donors.
- BA/BS or certificate of professional training in the area of fund development or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work with diverse members of the Board of Directors, Community Partners, volunteers and staff and engage executive-level and other volunteers in direct fundraising asks.
- Computer literacy including donor tracking, databases, relationship management software, and social media platforms.
- Sensitivity and support for the mission of OC Human Relations.
- Ability to travel around the county in a timely, safe and insured manner
Annual base salary range is from $70,000 to $100,000 with a full benefit package including full health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Included are 11 paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation, 9 days paid sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, mileage reimbursement.
To Apply (DEADLINE: Sept 14, 2017)
Please send a one page letter of interest and resume (no more than 4 pages, no attachments) including relevant professional experience including dates of employment as well as full time/part time, via e-mail to: [email protected]
Thank You! Rusty Kennedy, CEO, OC Human Relations