The 40-Hour Basic Mediation training is presented by OC Human Relations mediation professionals and, because of COVID-19 will be online.
Mediation is a voluntary method of dispute resolution in which the parties settle their dispute with the aid of a trained mediator or a co-mediator team. Agreements are reached through effective communication, negotiation, compromise and exploration of options. Any dispute may be brought to mediation as long as both sides agree to attempt a mediated solution. If you are interested in becoming involved in casework in mediation and conciliation, you must complete this certification training.
For more information, click here.
January 2021 TRAINING COMPONENTS:
I. ZOOM MEETING SESSIONS (27 HOURS)
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 – Orientation 6:00-7:00pm
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021 – Session 1 6:00-9:00 pm
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 – Session 2 6:00-9:00 pm
- Saturday, January 30, 2021 – Session 3 9:00-3:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021 – Session 4 6:00-9:00 pm
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 – Session 5 6:00-9:00 pm
- Saturday, February 6, 2021 – Session 6 9:00-3:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021 – Session 7 6:00-9:00 pm
II. GUIDED LEARNING ACTIVITIES (13 HOURS)
Readings, reflections and activities to be completed by trainees at their own pace and on their own schedule between Zoom meetings