The 2017 YouthSpeak Contest is now closed
OC Human Relations’ annual YouthSpeak Speech Contest is a county-wide search for the top human relations speech written by an 8th-12th grade student.
This Year’s Contest Theme
#HateFreeOC is an education and awareness campaign to create and cultivate a hate-free Orange County and bring diverse communities together to promote a respectful, peaceful, and inclusive community for all to thrive.
What is your vision of a #HateFreeOC and what have you done or will you do to create a #HateFreeOC?
Why you should enter:
- The winner will receive a $500 cash scholarship and will present her/his speech at the OC Human Relations
- AWARDS 46 Dinner on May 4, and receive two tickets to the event (valued at $525).
- Two runner-ups will receive $250 cash scholarships.
- The winner or finalists will present their speech at the Fall 2017 Walk In My Shoes youth conference.
- The three finalists’ speeches will be featured on OC Human Relations’ website.
- Looks great on college applications!
- The competition is open to all OC students in grades 8-12, not related to an OC Human Relations Commissioner, Board member, employee or previous winner.
- The Speech should be about Your vision of a #HateFreeOC and what have you done or will you do to create a #HateFreeOC.
- The speech must be the original work of the contestant, should be inspirational or motivational and between 300-400 words long.
- A double-spaced, printed version of the speech with entry form must be submitted by 9AM, March 10th, 2017.
- The three finalists must deliver their speech on April 6, 2017 at an OC Human Relations evening reception, where the winner will be selected.
Enter the 2017 Contest – Deadline March 10, 9am!