We are looking for creative self-starters to volunteer with our team and serve as marketing gurus and/or storytellers. We’d like to build a small volunteer team of people who are experienced in/or interested in external communications, storytelling and marketing (and, of course, human relations and diversity issues).
Volunteers will assist the Development Team and report to the Director of Development. We offer valuable work experience in a supportive and motivating work environment. At this time we are not able to provide a stipend or salary.
We need pro-bono help throughout the year with our marketing and outreach, especially around our human relations special events, fundraising campaigns, and free/low cost services we offer to the community (namely hate crime education/response and conflict mediation).
Our volunteer positions can be virtual (with scheduled in-person touch base meetings), or located at our office. We’re looking for volunteers to make a time commitment of at least 10 hours per week for a minimum of three months.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Research and write (short) pieces for publication in our e-newsletter or annual report
- Research story leads and conduct interviews; draft articles for press
- Assist in planning and executing educational efforts for members, donors and community friends including phone calls, mailings, and other related marketing activities
- Support social media strategy (content and posts)
- Maintain and update media database, including contacts, outreach, media hits and impressions
- Assist with partner communications, such as thank you letters
- Support the creation of fundraising materials and campaigns
- Carry out other creative projects, designed in consultation with staff
We are seeking detail oriented, creative, energetic, and motivated individuals to support our outreach efforts. While experience is useful and preferred, a strong skill set is more valuable; we will provide mentorship and ample opportunity for growth.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, with various deadlines
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good research skills
- Good editing and grammar skills
- Organized, self-motivated and able to work independently on projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work with a diverse range of people
- A collaborative and positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with Windows and the Internet
People with experience or interest in the fields of education, communication, social work, public relations or other related fields are encouraged to apply.
OC Human Relations provides programs in partnership with schools, corporations, individuals, neighborhoods, cities and foundations to foster mutual understanding and respect in order to make Orange County a better place for ALL people to live, work, go to school and do business.
The volunteer/internships are unpaid positions that do not automatically lead to employment.
If interested, please contact:
Khushbindar Kaur Sood, Director of Development
Email: [email protected]