Help OC Human Relations raise funds for its award-winning programs while gaining valuable hands-on event organizing and coordinating experience. We need the help of a few good volunteers and interns who are committed to helping us create an outstanding event! We need superstar volunteers and interns who are good at organizing and following through on projects to help us prepare for our annual Awards event which takes place in May of each year. The event typically features fund-raising activities such as a silent auction, live auction, wine-pull etc.
As our only fundraising event of the year, our awards banquet and related activities take lots of planning and preparation so we need people who are willing to work with us for several months. This position offers the satisfaction of knowing you helped to support OC Human Relations’ programs while gaining valuable work experience in a friendly, enjoyable and stimulating environment.
OC Human Relations provides programs to foster mutual understanding and respect among residents in order to make Orange County a better place for ALL people to live, work and do business. We strive to create a future where our county’s diversity is realized as a source of our strength and build bridges of understanding to make our community a place where all people are valued and included.
The volunteer/internships are unpaid positions that do not automatically lead to employment
Awards Event volunteers and interns will work with the Director of Development, and the Awards Event Coordinator to identify, procure and prepare donations for the silent auction and help to prepare for our Awards event scheduled for May. Click here for background information about previous years’ events.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Researching and requesting silent auction donations
- Following up with committee members to procure donations of auction items
- Making written requests for auction items
- Completion of donation forms and maintaining records of donated items
- Working with other volunteers and staff to prepare for the day of the event
- Helping to organize auction on day of the event
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work with diverse people in a respectful and diplomatic manner
- Computer skills to be able to create and send documents, e-mails, letters, etc.
Hours and Time Commitment:
- This project requires a commitment beginning in the fall up through the event scheduled for May, and, if available, for a follow up meeting a week later.
- It could require from 1 to 5 hours a week, with more time needed as the event draws near, preferably during our office hours of 8 to 5, Monday through Friday, although much of the work could be done from the volunteer’s home.
How to Apply: