Being a part of the BRIDGES Youth Institute was a life changing experience. I learned so much and got to meet wonderful students who had the same beliefs and goals I did.”
Learn how to create respect & equality for ALL people in Orange County this summer
The BRIDGES Youth Leadership Institute is a week-long, day camp that brings together OC youth from diverse backgrounds to participate in activities, dialogues and skill building exercises about human relations and social justice issues. Students learn the skills to organize youth, take a stand against hate and injustice and create schools and communities that are safe and equitable for ALL.
The camps are offered to Orange County high school students who have been active members in their school’s BRIDGES Program (or other Human Relations-type program) and who want to play a leadership role in the future. Camp graduates commit to work to empower new leaders and thereby improve the Human Relations Program at their schools.
What You’ll Learn:
- 6 Steps of Kingian Non-Violence
- Foundations of Community Organizing
- Restorative justice practices: community building, circle keeper, & everyday restorative dialogue
2019 Camp Information
- Date: June 24-28, 2019
- Time: 9am – 4pm
- Location: TBA
- Cost: $250 (Scholarships Available)
- Application deadline is May 31st, Space is limited. Register early.
- Participants must attend all 5 days.
- Participants must be willing to use and share the skills learned at the BRIDGES Youth Leadership Institute at their school.
For more information, please contact Cinthia – [email protected] or 714-480-6572.
Camp grads also have the opportunity to join the Human Relations Ambassadors’ Program (HRAP) a BRIDGES youth leadership group.