Accepting applications until filled
Send cover letter and resume to: Rusty Kennedy at [email protected]
Please send attachments in PDF format.
Under the general supervision of the CEO, the primary responsibility of the Bookkeeper is to provide financial support services to OC Human Relations. This is a part-time (24 hours per week) position and is characterized by a variety of assignments associated with preparing and tracking income and expenditures, including preparation of monthly financial reports, program allocations, and other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in a non-profit environment preferred
• Intermediate proficiency with QuickBooks desktop
• Intermediate/Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, structured references)
General Knowledge of:
• Quickbooks desktop custom reporting and memorized transactions
• Entering bills and invoices, receiving payments, and creating journal entries
• Using Excel to track subsidiary accounts and payroll allocations
• Preparation of monthly financial reports, program budgets, and contract billing
• Facilitating of annual audits and producing financials for program reporting needs
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and procedures
• Be organized with both paper and digital files
• Work with diverse staff
• Handle confidential information in a secure manner
Salary range based on experience: $40,768-$54,288 annual fulltime salary pro-rated based on number of hours specified in employment contract. Pro-rated Benefits package provided, including: health, dental, 401(k), life insurance, 11 paid holidays, 9 sick days, 10 paid vacation days, and others.
The mission of the OC Human Relations Council is to foster mutual understanding among residents and eliminate prejudice, intolerance and discrimination in order to make Orange County a better place for ALL people to live, work and do business. We are a private, non-profit 501(c)3 organization founded in 1991 for the purpose of developing and implementing proactive human relations programs in partnership with schools, corporations, cities, foundations and individuals. The Council provides an award-winning inter-group and violence prevention program in the schools, and conflict resolution programs and inter-group relations initiatives in the communities all over Orange County.