FULL-TIME POSITION Bilingual (English/Spanish) Volunteer Coordinator/Office Assistant
Accepting Applications until Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 5pm
Send cover letter and resume to: Don Han at [email protected]
Please submit cover letter and resume in pdf format
The Orange County Human Relations Council (more commonly known as OC Human Relations), established in 1991, is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that develops and implements proactive human relations programs in partnership with schools, corporations, cities, foundations and individuals. Our mission is to foster mutual understanding among residents, work to eliminate prejudice, intolerance and discrimination to help make Orange county a better place for ALL people to live, work, go to school and do business.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the general supervision of the Office Manager and Program Director, this position provides staff support services and coordinates intern/volunteer schedules. This position is characterized by a wide variety of assignments including: answering phones, filing, front desk reception, processing mail, data entry, word processing, clerical functions, recruiting and supervising a large group of volunteers and interns to support mediation and other agency activities.
- Answers the phones, screens calls, provides information and makes referrals, does intake for mediation cases.
- Developing recruitment relationships and implementing volunteer/intern outreach activities
- Supervising interns through completion of school and agency internship requirements
- Documenting volunteer activity and submitting monthly reports
- Coaching, mentoring and evaluating volunteers and interns
- Organizing Volunteer/Intern appreciation activities
- Supporting other staff in mediation trainings as needed
- Assisting with Court and Community Mediation casework as needed
- Performing agency-wide office support activities such as answering phones and providing clerical support
- Inputs litigant’s evaluation information into database.
- Dispute Resolution Program data entry.
- Provides clerical support to the staff
- Prepares envelopes and other information for mailings, applies postage and posts mail.
- Helps maintain office equipment.
- Retrieves, opens and distributes mail.
- Retrieves and files information.
Bilingual English/Spanish, Basic Mediation Training; Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office.
General knowledge of:
- Phone etiquette.
- Word-processing, email, database and other cloud-based computer programs.
- Information gathering and referral resources.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution processes and procedures
- Work with diverse group of individuals
- Facilitate meetings and give public presentations in a variety of settings
- Identify resources and develop new partnerships in the community
- Work with diverse groups of individuals to promote cooperation and mutual understanding
- Deal tactfully with sensitive problems involving divergent viewpoints
- Prepare comprehensive written and oral reports
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Communicate with grass roots community people in a non-patronizing manner.
- Completion of DRPA-equivalent Basic Mediation Training
- Volunteer management skills
- Microsoft Suite, data entry software
- Adobe Acrobat editing/creating skills
This position is a full time position, 40 hours a week. HOURLY SALARY RANGE: $1318- $1576 bi-weekly ($16.48 to $19.71 per hour)
Benefits package includes: health, dental, 401(k), life insurance, 11 paid holidays, 9 sick days, 10 paid vacation days, and more.
A screening of applications will determine the most qualified candidates who will then be invited to interview. Interviews may include a short written test.