Accepting Applications until: Monday, March 18th, 2019 at noon
Send cover letter and resume to: Don Han, Operations Manager at [email protected] Please submit cover letter and resume in pdf format.
The Orange County Human Relations Council (more commonly known as OC Human Relations), established in 1991, is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that develops and implements proactive human relations programs in partnership with schools, corporations, cities, foundations and individuals. Our mission is to foster mutual understanding among residents and eliminate prejudice, intolerance and discrimination in order to make Orange county a better place for ALL people to live, work, go to school and do business.
The Development Associate is part of the Development Team and reports directly to Director of Development. The Development team consists of the Grant Writer, Director of Development and CEO. The Associate is responsible for supporting development activities for the organization’s annual fundraising campaign, annual fundraising event and donor relationship (stewardship) activities. Key duties include processing and acknowledging donations and maintaining the fundraising CRM database. The Development Associate may occasionally assist in drafting requests for support and helping support volunteer engagement opportunities with corporate partners, as well as other duties as required to support the Development efforts.
Assist in the implementation of Annual Fundraising Campaign
- Support the planning and implementation of appeals for Annual Fundraising Campaign, including creating lists and coding within CRM database; coordinate informational mailings and other outreach to donors and prospects
- Assist with any online giving campaigns
- Assist in gathering stories on program impact; crafting reports for donors/funders and publishing excerpts on social media and e-newsletters)
- Assist in researching and identifying new funding opportunities
- Other duties as required to assist in implementation of annual fundraising campaign
Donor Stewardship and Recognition Support
- Record and process gifts/donations: coding and tracking of gifts in database and generate appropriate CRM reports
- Submit accurate and timely acknowledgements, receipts and thank you letters for donations and grants
- Coordinate annual donor relationship activities, including Thanks for Giving calls and mid-year and end-of-year progress updates
- Provide input and help draft written institutional materials, such as annual report and donor newsletters
- Assist in preparing for committee meetings (i.e. agenda, mailings and tracking RSVPs)
Fundraising Event Support
- Assist in the implementation and logistics of annual AWARDS dinner and fundraising event occurring on the first Thursday of each May
- Assist in drafting invitation lists, tracking RSVPs/creating name badges and sending thank you letter receipts for tickets and sponsorships
- Assist in drafting corporate sponsorship requests for event
- Assist in recruiting and training volunteers for event
- Occasional work on weekday evenings may be required during February – May
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured and articulate documents
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Accountable and responsible
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Willingness to participate in continued professional development as opportunities arise
- Alignment to organization and its mission
- Previous experience with nonprofits and/or fundraising
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn various technology platforms (social media, constant contact, CRM database, etc)
- Valid California driver license, proof of car insurance, and reliable transportation required
- Ability to work with diverse group of individuals to promote cooperation and mutual understanding
- Two or more years’ experience in a variety of development/fundraising activities highly preferred
- Computer skills in database applications, web applications, and/or publishing programs
- Desire, or have some experience, in writing grants or corporate sponsorships
This position will be hired at 40 hours week. The annual salary range based on experience: $40,768-$54,000.
Benefits package provided, including: health, dental, 401(k), life insurance, 11 paid holidays, 9 sick days, 10 paid vacation days, and others.
Salary and package will be prorated based on number of hours specified in employment contract.