MISSION: Seek out the causes of tension and conflict, discrimination and intolerance, and eliminate those causes
Monthly Summary of Activities: June 2017
Police Community Reconciliation Program: A total of two cases were conciliated this month. The following police departments received our mediation services: Anaheim PD & Cerritos PD.
Sherriff’s Interfaith Council: Commission Director participated in the OC Sheriff’s Interfaith Advisory Board Executive Committee meeting to plan the upcoming meetings of the Board.
Community Outreach & Presentations:
- On 6/21 Staff presented PCRP and Hate Crime Victim Assistant program to OCSD’s SRO team.
- On 6/1 Commission staff attended the Justice in Education event.
- On 6/2, Commission staff attended the Ambassador of Peace at the Violence Prevention Coalition annual luncheon where Alison Edwards was honored.
- On 6/3 Commission staff participated in Mayor’s Walk in West Anaheim.
- On 6/17 Commission staff hosted an informational table at Tustin PD Open House
- On 6/29 Commission Director participated in meeting with Mission Viejo City Manager and staff to discuss potential community building programs that can be offered
- On 6/6 & 6/13 staff attended Orange County Board of Supervisors meeting.
- On 6/8 Staff attended Commission meeting
- On 6/5 &6/19 staff attended Professional development trainings .
Community Building and Training
Sherriff’s Academy Training: On 6/1 Commission staff conducted diversity training for 28 recruits..
National Association For Community Mediation:
- On 6/5 Commission staff participated in NAFCM meeting.
- On 6/13 Commission staff did a workshop on Conflict Styles.
- On 6/20 Commission staff attended Police webinar. (Environmental Realities in Today’s America impacting your community’s ability to address the relationship between law enforcement and residents.)
- On 6/28 Commission staff met with Kidworks staff to plan conflict resolution workshops for upcoming months for Cedar/Evergreen residents